Granted to Brandon-area nonprofits and causes since our founding.
Strengthening Our Community
We believe the Brandon area is a great place to live, work, and play. We also believe we have a responsibility to help preserve and sustain what’s good here, and to support local nonprofits which make our community even better.
Thanks to the support of our donors, we're proud to say we've granted nearly $240,000 to nonprofits and causes throughout our community since 2006, improving quality of life, creating positive change and driving meaningful social impact through philanthropy. To that end, we're intentional and focused on:
Passion & Purpose
We're here to foster a culture of giving and care in Brandon, to inspire philanthropy, and to improve quality of life and enhance the vibrancy of our community.
In 2019 alone, the Brandon Community Foundation presented more than $33,000 in grants to local nonprofits. The grants were awarded to nonprofits serving youth, mature adults, recreation, education and more and were presented at the annual Oak and Vine event, held on Friday, Nov. 1, at the Brandon Holiday Inn.
2019 Grant Recipients
The following organizations received grants in fall 2019:
- Bethany Lutheran Home/Bethany Meadows
- Boys and Girls Club of the Sioux Empire
- Brandon American Legion Auxiliary Unit 318
- Brandon Optimist Club
- Brandon Valley Athletic Booster Club/Lynx TV
- Brandon Valley Baseball Association
- Brandon Valley Best Buddies
- Brandon Valley Fine Arts Booster Club
- Brandon Valley Lynx Robotics
- Brandon VFW Three Rivers Post 4726
- City of Brandon
- Collision/First Priority of Sioux Falls
- First Priority of the Great Plains
- Junior Achievement of Brandon Valley
- Mighty Corson Art Players
- National Inventors Hall of Fame, Inc.
- Royal Family KIDS Camp Sioux Empire
- South Dakota Youth Foundations Inc.
- Special Olympics South Dakota
Apply for a Grant
Grants are awarded to area charitable organizations who strive to improve the quality of life for all ages in the areas of arts, recreation, health and public safety, education and more.
Grants listed above are as of July 2020.